Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently won a CobyCSP96 home theater speaker system , so I connected it to my pioneer vsx D209 receiver according to the Coby instruction booklet and it only produced sound from the front , center and subwoofer with way too much bass. Then I decided to hook up the speakers to my VSX receiver and not the Coby subwoofer with much the same results. Ive tried setting up speaker levels for 5.1, dolby pro logic and DSP and the surround speakers dont work at all. Ive checked all the connections 2 or 3 times and they're fine. Any help would be appreciated. thanx

·
Premium Member
15,053 Posts
Have you tested the speakers on another output that is working to see if its the speakers that are dead?

·
Premium Member
15,053 Posts
It may be some settings in the menu of your receiver?

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
I looked up the Pioneer VSX D209 receiver. It does not decode 5.1, it is 5.1 compatible meaning it needs a outboard 5.1. decoder. It has no 5.1 outputs, only 5.1 inputs that can accept the required signal from a 5.1 component that has 5.1 channel analog output jacks.
The receiver has no 5.1 outputs that you need to connect to the inputs on the Colby system. (#3,4,5,a d 6 in the Colby manual)

Text Diagram Font Line Design

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.