Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, So I thought I would try my hand at something discreet.

Now I have done something a little different in my theory which is rather than a table which I need to plug in my am is to make it 100% wireless!

So The way I am going to do this is using a leisure motorhome/caravan battery and car audio equipment then a wireless av sender for the signal.

Now I am doing this on a budget so the quality of the parts may not be up there but I am going to do my best!

I am using a big bang subwoofer from Planet audio mainly because i got it for 40 quid and its got an Fs of 25hz.

I have all th connections on the underside including a power switch connected to REM on the amp and 2 charging posts for a car battery charger.

This is the progress so far, I have a few more things to do, I will upgrade the amp in the future but I am also going to install a VU meter to show battery voltage.

So here we go!

The only thing is I have tried the sub and it works fantastically and although its tuned to 15hz, It seems to drop off quite rapidly after 25hz, audible down to about 22/23hz, I think this may be down to room acoustics as I have found my room is incredibly picky about where the ubwoofer is placed.

If I place the sub any further away than around 4 ft from either the left or right wall the bass is completely in-audible a total audio deadspot.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I cant tell but what are your vent dimensions?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Th port is 68mm wide and I have been playing with the length to get the best sound, Win ISD gave me 33.19cm (IIRC) but I have been playing with various ports ranging from 40cm to 15cm, at the moment I am at around 22cm and that seems to give me the deepest output of around 23hz.

There are certain frequencies that seem more dead than others and some song which on my 10" subs seem really bassy are not very bassy at all on this, however when watching certain movies the coffee table really excels in the low end and rattles the room.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I blew the amp up like an idiot over driving it so I decided to get a proper amp.
She's now running a 1500watt peak mono block amp (thays 750watt rms at 2ohm) and has some serious volume to it, the box is tuned to 14 hz and I've already had complains 2 doors down!!! (of course appologies where given) but this has made virtually every picture fall off the wall!

Although It still doesnt go down to 14 hz (I think the manufacturer of the sub may have exadurated the subs capabilities and the theile parameters may not have been entirely accurate!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.