Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Budget?

You say you want a "great" system... That's a relative term. If it's sky's the limit, then you're gonna want separate speaker components all the way around with custom enclosures, dedicated amps, in-dash navigation, Bluetooth, multiple screens, game system, etc, etc, etc. If the sky is not the limit, you'll need the basics of good speakers (either full range or mid-high), a good subwoofer with a dedicated amp and a nice head unit. Whatever your range... Go for quality over quantity or features.

I could ask for your musical taste but truth be told, that really doesn't matter too much. The components you chose are either going to (on a sliding scale) reproduce well or not. So long as it sounds good throughout the frequency range, any music you pump through it should sound the way it's supposed to.

If you want good advice (even if you don't buy from them), check out Crutchfield. They've always been a wealth of good information, especially for the novice...

https://www.crutchfield.com/lc_3/Car-Audio-Video-GPS-How-To-FAQ-and-Shopping-Guides.html?lcg=3

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If it's sky's the limit, then you're gonna want separate speaker components all the way around with custom enclosures.
Yup, Car audio is all about the install. However, unless you competing I don't see the draw anymore, the factory stereos are very good now a days. I used to compete in the 80s-90s for SQ (sound quality) it was a very intricate work the acoustic environment of the interior of a car is far from ideal. If you want to be a DB racer in a competition that is stupid easy, just don't expect the car to be a "daily driver"...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts