Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had to rebuild a computer from scratch. Scratch means no setup disk other than the Windows Win 7 Install. I had to find all drivers from the internet.

I've got everything working audio wise, the Win 7 Sound screen can send HDMI audio out to each speaker, I can see the UMIK-1 microphone. But, REW doesn't send audio out.

It says on the ASIO4ALL Control Panel, I should see the UMIK-1, the Realtek High Definition Audio Items, and also an HDMI Audio Item. I'm missing the HDMI Audio item.

So, what kind of driver am I looking for or is there some setup I need to run.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so this seems to be a slightly moving target.

I can now see and select the HD Audio Outputs in the REW Preferences. The computer Windows Sound Configuration screen is set to 7.1 and I can send audio out HDMI to each of the speakers.

However, when I try to Check Levels in REW, I start it and it sends audio to the computer's internal speakers, even though they are disabled in the Windows Sound Configuration Screen.

Anyone have any ideas on what to look for?

·
Registered
49 Posts
onetrack97, I don't know if my suggestion would help you, but windows 7 is loosing Microsoft support, Windows 10 is where it's at and gonna be in future,

so just a heads up you can still get a legal copy of Windows 10 for a free (upgrade) if you have a (genuine copy of Windows 7...) that way you would be able to get all your necessary (drivers downloaded easily) let us know if that way is good for you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
onetrack97, I don't know if my suggestion would help you, but windows 7 is loosing Microsoft support, Windows 10 is where it's at and gonna be in future,

so just a heads up you can still get a legal copy of Windows 10 for a free (upgrade) if you have a (genuine copy of Windows 7...) that way you would be able to get all your necessary (drivers downloaded easily) let us know if that way is good for you
Yes, that’s a good idea but unfortunately this particular model from Dell is not compatible with Windows 10. Something to do with the display hardware.

I don’t use it for anything but audio now. I’ve completed a round of measurements using my desktop but it’s not easy to move around.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I see, ?well does it have any unused PCI slots mini or full? maybe a cheap low profile video card with HDMI could help! or if that doesn't work you maybe have to settle for a sound card

"I'm sure you've already right click on the sound icon in the task bar to configure or trouble shoot sound settings/problems, in any case good luck in your efforts as it sometimes takes a while but you'll get that beast going :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I have complete control of the speakers via HDMI when using the computer's Sound Screen. But, when in REW, it won't put sound out of the port, just the computer speaker.

I suspect that I installed the drivers in the wrong order. I may have to start over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts