Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Folks,

I'm getting ready to do a sub using the Seas L26ROY. However, when I enter my data in WinISD alpha, the Xmax autopopulates as only 14mm, which is half of the linear Xmax, and 1/4 of the max.

Can someone take a peek at this attachment and tell me how the numbers look? The only numbers I entered were as follows:

Mms, Cms, Sd, Bl, Re, Qms, Hc, Hg, Pe. The remainder were completed by the application. However, I get a sealed box suggestion of 113l, which is insanely large for this woofer from what I've read.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
The proper order to enter the parameters using the "auto calculate unknowns" is Mms, Cms, Re, Sd, BL, Qms, Pe and Xmax. Then correct the Znom and enter the Le if it is available.

when I enter my data in WinISD alpha, the Xmax autopopulates as only 14mm, which is half of the linear Xmax, and 1/4 of the max.
The specs state the Xmax is 28 mm "peak to peak" which is 2 way excursion, you have it entered as 14 mm "peak" which is one way excursion, it's the same thing.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike. Yep, I've completed the fields in proper order. The xmax figure was calculated by the application, not entered by me, and Znom is accurate. I manually changed xmax and Le later, though it did not change the enclosure size.

Maybe the specs on this driver are off, or one of the factors need to be adjusted. Can sopmeone just verify the manual entries for my tired eyes? I just can't find anything wrong with them.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks Mike. I suppose sometimes it's better to enter more of it manually! Great, thanks for the parm file! I'll plug that in and check it out when I get home tonight. I truly appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, thanks Mike. I'm probably going sealed with this, and since I couldn't wait to get home, I dropped WinISD Alpha on my desktop at work. Looks like it models nicely to 1 cu ft cabinet when sealed. That will be perfect. I'll boost a little around 30Hz. The crossover point will probably 70Hz over to a pair of sealed ZRTs, but I'll adjust to suit the room as I begin to take measurements.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes sir! I'm looking for flat response below 100Hz. I don't need it to extend to 20Hz, 40s will be fine.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Perfect, thanks for confirming. I'll probably order the cabinet from PE. The have a nice 1 cu ft cabinet in cherry that will match the cherry cabs I bought from them to put the ZRT design into. I'll keep you guys posted on measurements, etc.

I'm using a dbx Driverack 260 for the PEQ and crossover functions. That will enable the proper boost where the sealed cab starts to roll off at around 45 Hz.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.