Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older Yamaha RXV3000 which I'm using as a prepro with an OPPO 980H player, and am looking to upgrade. I'm looking at the BDP-83 which has great reviews. I'm also looking at a processor such as the new Integra's or maybe Emotiva.

My question is if the Oppo has great audio/video processing, is there a need to get a processor with the same ability, especially on the video side? It seems like a duplicate of efforts. I can see if you have multiple video sources, and/or outputs.

Am I thinking right if my sources will only be a BR, maybe a cd, a pc music server, sat/cable, ipod, and my outputs will be to a display and separate rooms for music?

Thanks,

Greg

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to get the best processing I can for my system, and certainly don't want to keep my old receiver. It's getting pretty cranky.

Anyway, if I get a new processor, and then end up allowing the Oppo to do the processing and passing it through...I'm just not getting something I guess. Or is the better option to run the Oppo in source direct mode?

It seems to me the Oppo is almost a single source/out processer. Guess I'm trying to get educated in order to determine the best setup.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all,

Besides the info supplied already, my current setup is:

Axiom M80 surround system

SVS PB12

Emotive LPA

Aspen AKSA I built for music

So there is no getting around it :). I'll continue to look at products, though I just got an email from Emotiva that the UMC will be shipping late next month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.