Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. WinISD is spinning my head:dizzy:

I am wanting to build a 15" sonosub tuned to around 15hz (or whatever is ideal). I have been playing around with WinISD, and I have a few questions.

Here is what I have decided on so far:

24" by 48" sonotube
CSS SDX15 driver
Behringer EP1500 amp

I have seen a few builds using a 6" port about 27 to 31 inches long, but I have not been able to find any 6 inch sonotube within a hour of my house. Is there any way to use multiple 4 inch ports or an 8 inch port? What length would give me the best performance if I went with either of these? Even when I put the 6 inch port into WinISD, I would get extreme port velocity??

I am also confused with cone excursion. With the 1400 watts from the EP1500, I am exceeding the limits of the driver in WinISD modeling. Is there any way to not push all of the watts from the EP1500? I have a BFD for filters if needed. If I had to to create a SSF, how would I go about doing that?

I just want to make sure that I am covering all of my bases before I start purchasing everything. I barely got my wife on board, so I want to do it right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys.

Would I be able to create a HPF using the BFD that I have, or do I really need to purchase the one from CSS?

Just for background, I do not run my system at insane levels. This sub is going to be total overkill, but I want to make sure that it will fill a large room when we finally buy a house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts