Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I love the look of the metal grille and congrats again.
I like it matches my Pio speakers real nice.

I'm not sure there's a limiter light on yours (I have the PB-12 NSD) but did you look to see if it lit up? Not many movies have lit mine up but I always look during really extreme bass scenes.
I didn't look but now I'll rerun that scene and have a peak, hope I don't see any lights

Wow, I didn't expect the grill to be vibrating also - looks like it was moving a LOT. I thought it would be pretty inert since it's metal. I wonder if the sub would be better w/o the grill installed. Pretty amazing!!!
Good catch :T Update: After reviewing the clip a few times, I agree there indeed is quite a bit of movement but I'm not surprised with the amount of air this thing displaces. From this time forward all calibration, testing and enjoying will be done with the Shield removed until I hear otherwise (be cool if Ed saw this and replied).

Check out the Stadium scene :yikes:

What I find amazing is how quickly this sub can go from spastic convulsions to complete rest (19sec) and (52sec). This beast is moving so much air it's causing cat hairs to fly :clap: my old Bic woofer would still be shaking today after that :eek:lddude:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
If the light does come on it won't harm your sub. It's actually designed to prevent any damage and mine comes on from time to time when listening at extreme volume levels. :)

81 - 82 of 82 Posts