Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Title states it all. I'm trying to hook up my DN1050 to a spare EP2500 for my L and R mains. To my knowledge and from the research I've done, the DN1050 does not have any outputs for external amps, other than for the LFE. When I bought the DN1050, I didn't plan on using external amps, hindsight is 20/20. Are there any adapters that I can use to go from the left and right speaker cable to an XLR or 1/4" RCA that are reliable?

Edit: Can I use something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004I20ZGU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1435981236&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=raw+wire+to+1+4+speaker+cable&dpPl=1&dpID=513xl8XweuL&ref=plSrch

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could possibly use 'Zone 2' of the Dn-1050, or otherwise a HDMI to RCA adapter.

There is always the option of the car audio style Speaker to RCA adapters. Steer clear of the cheap versions, but some of the branded ones are acceptable.

Bear in mind that the input impedance of the EP2500 is pro 600 Ohm (balanced), the balanced bit is not an issue, but you will need a converter with a low output impedance to not loose too much level.
whichever way you get to RCA, then get RCA to XLR (or jack) adapters to go into the amp.
Rgds
Jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just noticed the link you sent was just a cable and connector. It is NOT for connecting between speaker outputs and jack inputs on amplifiers.
It's just a speaker cable. Amp to Speaker.
You need an adapter to convert one of the outputs from your Sony (Speaker, Zone2 RCA, HDMI,,,) to 600Ohm line level input.
Rgds
Jon

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
No, if you use those you will blow the inputs a Cleanbox is not a speaker line level converter for speaker level. You must use something like I linked to above.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, if you use those you will blow the inputs a Cleanbox is not a speaker line level converter for speaker level. You must use something like I linked to above.
Alrighty, thanks for the info. Bought a converter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts