Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated my Soundblaster Live 4bit drivers, I have the RS dB meter at listening position connected to PC via single rca, AVR connected to PC via RCA.

Problems:
The RS meter cal. file is not recognized by my computer...can't even force it.
What do I do next?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Matt, which RS meter do you have ? There are 3 files, 2 analog and 1 digital.

I am running XP laptop with new RS analog meter and loading cal file was no issue. FIle name RADIOSHACK-33-2055_4050.cal.

Do you get an error? WHat do you mean fyou can not force it?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Hummm, I have no clue. WIll it load any of the other cal files ? Not sure it maters but it is recommended to turn off as many apps as possible, disconnect from internet, shut down virus and spyware apps when running REW.

Did you find any thing doing a search ?

Sorry, I have reached my limit of knowledge on this.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, I guess I have one more thing to do before trying to start to take measurements......calibrate my Soundblaster Live! 24Bit??

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm lost.
I calibrated the spl, but it keeps saying reading is way too low('measure tone sweep). Should be no lower than -10dB and I'm at -80dB?
I don't know if the soundcard is calibrated.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't even know if I'm plugged into inputs or outputs or line level in on my PC.
Also, much of that verbage is not something I understand. I am barely computer literate.
I just picked one of the two not in use next to the one I use for my PC to AVR for internet music.

Seems to be taking readings though, so I think I just need to find (2) stereo two to one rca adaptors?(so I can calibrate sound card through the loop)
Can I get these at Radioshack?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have SBLive 24Bit, but I don't have anything that looks like that on the back of my tower.
Just 4 mono females and a R/B/G/ strip.
I have one connecting RS dB meter and another connecting(24/7 for years) the tower to my AVR.(have adaptor at avr end to go from mono to stereo into avr)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It must be internal as I can't see it but my menus look nothing like that.(no rooms with speakers on the wall, etc.)

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Well your going to need cables if you pursue REW so might as well get whats required to perfrom a soundcard loop test.

WOuld not worry too much what the menu looks like.

Sorry, I just do not know enough about soundcards to tell you what to do except try it and worst case you may need another one. The Turttle Beach SRM is $60 at Newegg or $79 at Frys if you have one local.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts