Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again!

As I'm sure you all know, loudspeaker placement can be of paramount importance when trying to optimize tonal balance, soundstage depth, imaging, clarity, etc. A great deal of thought, time, and effort was put in to positioning the components of our TARA Labs listening room. Some of the factors to consider were: the proximity of the loudspeakers to the walls, the listening height of the stand-mounted loudspeakers, the angling of the loudspeakers towards the listener, and much more. I would be curious to know which are the most important factors you all personally take in to account when positioning your components?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Room acoustics, size, furniture, drapes...etc...etc all can affect the sound emanating from your speakers, also the type of speaker will make a difference (direct, bipolar, electrostatic). A speakers best placement takes experimentation on the part of the owner, its part of the hobby. Listen, move (better or worse), move again, take notes, find your nirvana

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
I have a hard time imagining doing a speaker setup without L & R impulse diagrams to work with. Any reflections that pair up L/R get aligned to within 50 uS (yes, micro seconds - roughly 1/2 inch precision) by refining placement, any that do not pair up get absorbed &/or dissipated with treatments. Listening angle can also make a big difference.

That is my "short version.":bigsmile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts