Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on running them in two separate 3 cubic foot enclosures, down firing. The room is about 20x25 and is an open living room / kitchen area. I plan on running them each off a channel of a Sunfire Cinema Grand so each one will be getting [email protected] I'll be using Audyssey XT32 to EQ them to the room and failing that a minidsp unit.

Existing speakers are Definitive Technology BP2000's, CLR 2000, and BPX surrounds. The mains are actively crossed over and biamped with highs getting about 150w and mids about the same. Goals for these subs are DEEP and CLEAN bass. I have used infinite baffle setups in the past and love them but can't really spring to do it right at the moment.

So here's my question. For those of you that have done similar, what have your experiences been with these drivers? Should the sunfire offer enough power?

What have your experiences been?

Thanks so much guys.

-scotty

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you referring to the 390's? if so I have not used the hf series , I have used the 390 ho series in my sons yukon . Very clean , smooth , and potent .

·
Registered
146 Posts
I modeled the 390hf 15 sealed and didnt see enough low end for my taste. I have heard however, they sound very nice in a large sealed box.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you wanting a house curve , a rising lowend response from 40-30 hertz on down? If you are using winisd go to soundsplinter RL-M12 and use a qtc of .9 . It will be a 2 cubic foot box . In my room I use an infinity rabos measurement meter and it says I am flat to 20-22 . My room is 24'x13'x11' and am powering with inuke6000dsp .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts