Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Len-
I need to replace the Blue horizontal convergence IC for a Pioneer pro700HD. The pioneer part # is
PM0011AS.
I couldn't find a direct equivalent, but did find a Sony part 8-759-464-79 IC PM0011AS which appears to be the pioneer chip with a Sony part number.
And when I then check the Sony part number I got the STK 394-16 as an equivalent.
Does that sound right and am I correct in thinking I can use that STK chip instead of the Pioneer one without problem?? (The Pioneer version is much pricier)

Gary

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
What makes you think you need to replace this IC? What kind of diagnosis did you do? Your question does not make sense to me. The PM0011AS is, IIRC a D/A converter or some other part in the convergence correction waveform generator. STK394-160 is a three channel convergence output IC.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad....I had the wrong schematic/wrong board.

I found the 3 channel outputs, and this pioneer uses SK392-40's on the Amp assembly, convergence/v/def block.

I have no control on blue horizontal movement, primarily screen right, but pretty much everywhere around the screen perimeter. Center is the only thing that converges for the blue gun.

Sorry for the confusion on my part, but your reply got me back on track. Im ordering two IC's from Acme.

Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Let us know how it turns out.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how it turns out.
Turned out great!
Got the two new IC's soldered in this morning, put it all back together, fired it up and it took maybe 5 minutes to get convergence recalibrated.
My wife is SO impressed! While I had it opened up, I cleaned all the optics and air dusted the mirror...picture looks great.
Anyway, thanks for all the help....probably saved me at least $500.

If anyone else needs help with a Pro700HD, give me a holler.:jump::jump::jump:

Gary

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Congratulations. Glad it worked out for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts