Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: sorry guys, I should have noted that my model is actually PT-53WX54J - which from my reading is just a newer model of the 53WX53. The 2 units are from what i could find exactly the same. Also, the stock IC's were: STK392-110, and I replaced them with the same models.

Hey guys, I am having a frustrating issue with my Panasonic Rear projection set. My RED convergence is way off, stretching over to the right of the screen, and cannot be corrected using the standard convergence in the menu system.

Now, I've just spend some cash, and about 4 hours (over a period of a few days!) changing my convergence IC's from the D-board. I followed Steves guide found here: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/panasonic-technics/38530-steves-pt-53wx53g-project.html#axzz2DGV5gNQf and everything went well. TV turned back on, but NOTHING has changed. I've got the exact same problem... doesn't look any better, and no worse.

Please help, I love my set, and don't want to trash her just yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been away for a while, and my Panny has been sitting in a corner all by her lonesome. I thought SOMEONE might be able to point me in the right direction here.... does NO ONE know whats wrong with my set??

I've relpaced both convergence IC's with Sanyo replacements and it didn't do squat. I still have my Red convergence way out of whack and I'm not sure where to go from here. I've tried testing the convergence resistors, but am not having much luck, values are all over the place.

Please help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts