Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People keep talking about the convergence kit from Hitachi i have a Toshiba 50H82 that needs a convergence chip replacement. Should i go with the stock STK392-110 or the STK394-160. Can somebody give me a direct link to the Hitachi kit STK394-160? Also what do the resistors look like? thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Note that the kits from b&D are great kits but they dont come with any instructions or assistance with the repair. If you need a complete kit with instructions try TvRepairKits . Com

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
They seem OK, but I have no direct experience with them, cannot assure that they are supplying the right parts or first quality parts, and I would still suggest having the manufacturer's documentation and learning about the circuit, the repair, and all of the possible pitfalls before attempting a repair. B&D and the other suppliers that are in the recommended list have a long history of being reliable suppliers of first quality parts.

Personally, I am always careful of sites that do not provide a physical address and do not have a toll free number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lcaillo,

I appreciate your concern about suppliers. Just to clear the air. We are in the business of supplying complete kits with all of the components, instructions, and tech support. We only buy our convergence chips from reputable suppliers. I can supply you with the name of our supplier upon request! Its one of the two you always recommend!

We simply cant take a chance with the generic chips. If we did it would cause us to spend way too much time and energy troubleshooting bad chips, processing exchanges, etc. We only use Sanyo chips in our Kits.

Thanks

Ed

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Thanks, Ed. I have had nothing but good reports about your kits. If you send me some samples of the instructions that you provide, I will be happy to report my review of them. Obviously, the value in your kits are the instructions, and I will not publish them, but I would like to see what kind of info you are providing so that I can comment on the value.

Glad to hear that it is as important to you as it is to us to use only first quality parts from suppliers with a long history of reliability.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I got it, and I have to say I am impressed. Very detailed and good advice. I'd say that they are a very good value, if you are using the right vendors. I can't say that I consider MCM to be a reliable supplier of these chips, however, as they have apparently had some bad batches in the past.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts