Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thanks to the guidance and knowledge of the people of this forum I decided to fix the convergence problem on my Magnavox 51MP392H/17 Chassis MAG1_A. I got the board out without a hitch desoldered the IC chips and soldered the new ones in. Then I took a look around the board. Two burnt resistors. Any text on them is illegible and the colors aren't so readable anymore. There locations on the circuit board are 3155 and 3156.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help with the resistors, but I have more problems. Today I got the resistors I needed so I soldered them in and threw in the board. The set tried to come on and then shut off and the power indicator blinked, looking at other posts I knew it was either a bad soldering job by me or a bad soder joint on the board from factory. I looked over the board and resoldered the chips for good measure and then put it back in....same thing happened. This is when I decided to try the old IC chips in (at least they would power up the tv) and once again a blinking power light and 2 resistors blew (I was expecting this since those chips were bad) No repair shops in my area want to touch it either. Why would it be doing this? They look to be the same resistors, but I would like to know for sure locations are 3151 and 3152. Any further help would be appreciated.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked for voltage at the ic chips and it's got voltage there but I don't know the proper voltage or which designated pins I should be checking. The two fuses on the other boards are good too. I don't know what I could have done to it, I mean it worked ok before removing the board. You don't think I messed up the wire locations? My labels for the connecters for the crts came off but they're labeled on the board and have a band of color designating what wire controls which crt unless they screwed up at factory. You wouldn't happen to have a schematic of the convergence board? It seems the service manual for this tv is hard to come by.

Thanks again
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts