Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
In iTunes, I know you can convert between formats by going to the preferences and choosing your destination format as your import format preference. Then select the existing source file and go to one of the menus and select "Convert to ...". It'll make a copy of the file in the destination format.

I'm sure there is other software out there that will do it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think you could have skipped the disc-burning step by simply "importing" songs that are already imported. I guess I didn't make that clear in my original post.

·
Super Moderator
9,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I was pretty sure it could be done without the disc burning, but I couldn’t figure it out. I found the “Import Format Preference” option in iTunes you mentioned, but couldn’t find the “Choose Destination Format.” Hey, I wasn’t kidding when I said ya gotta ‘splain it to me like you’re talking to a first-grader! I’m really slow when it comes to computers. For instance, “importing songs that are already imported" – don’t have a clue there!

Bottom line, I was able to get the song converted to an MP3, so I’m a happy camper. And I probably wouldn’t have figured it out if you hadn’t pointed me in the right direction, so thanks again! :T

After I finished the burning and re-importing, I noticed that right clicking on a song in the iTunes library, there’s an option that says “Convert to MP3.” Hmm... Can it be as simple as that?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts