Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i generate a convolver wav file for foobar with rew, but does it works for every sample rate.
Does foobar re sample it.With holmimpulse it seems necessary to generate a file for each sample rate.
Best regards
Stan

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
This isn't really an REW forum question.

I am a novice Foobar user so there are much more knowledgeable users. Maybe someone can confirm if it is possible and how to do it, but other web forums may be more productive.

A different filter is definitely needed for each sample rate. FooConvolve cannot automatically select filters for sample rates. I use FooConvolve for a phase correction filter (only 44.1kHz though). I did see some info Here that suggested it was possible to get Foobar to automatically switch filters for the different sample rates by using 'VST Adaptor' or 'Yohng's VST' wrapper with 'ConvolveVST' instead of 'fooConvolve', but I wasn't get it to work for me. I only spent a little time however as it is not a priority for me. If you get it working I would be interested to learn how to do it.

JRiver can do it for sure and there would be more support available on their forum if you can't find the answer for Foobar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer
i can't give you more information ,because i have found a another solution to tune my speakers and my room
This plugin called mathaudio. it's easy to use in 5 minutes it's done. i'm interrested to know if this software is
good as rew for this kind of aplication , can you compare the results between the measurements.
This plugin is not a convolver it 's a kind of parametric equalizer.
Best regards
Stan

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I have no experience/understanding of MathAudio.

Using a PEQ plugin for Foobar is fine, but again I have no experience with that.

If you decide to use REW you can measure the SPL impact of any PEQ settings you select in Foobar by playing the REW external PinkPN signal file while running REW in RTA mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts