Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
There are pico projectors which run on batteries... in the sense that you could use a car battery and an inverter to run a projector, it could be cordless: how long would you expect it to last (project)?

I would try and find a projector that uses a LED lamp as that will be more energy efficient... which is important for cordless applications

·
Registered
259 Posts
Or are you referring to the source feed being wireless? As stated typical theater projectors require lots of light output and the bulb wattage requires a wired power source (vs. a battery). There are "pico" projectors but they are really for travelling salesmen and small business presentations, Etc. The new LED technology does use less power however the real advantage is that the light is more a pure white and does not dim or change over time as a bulb unit does.

If you need wireless source feed then you may be better served by an add on product rather than one built into the projector itself. Think of the same disadvantages as buying a TV with a built-in DVD player.

I saw this unit for sale the other day and an internet search may pull up other competitors. Note it only does HDMI but others are available that do other video formats. Link HERE.

I have an LG TV with this 60 GHz wireless technology in it and it works rather well. Though there is a 30' limitation and line of sight is pretty much required.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in fact thinking of a home theater projector that would connect to a HTPC cordlessly. The mains power would be supplied by a cable.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I think you would be much better off getting a good projector and buy a wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver. There are many available now and the cost would be much cheaper than finding a dedicated Projector that has it built in.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think you would be much better off getting a good projector and buy a wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver. There are many available now and the cost would be much cheaper than finding a dedicated Projector that has it built in.
And, even if you can find one at same cost, you are probably making some heavy compromises on other aspects of performance. With a wireless HDMI system you can use any projector you want.

Regards,
sga2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts