Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I’m not one who likes to start rumors, get peoples hopes up or start a fan boy war, but I have been thinking about articles that I have recently read that, if true, are giving me reason to believe that Medal Of Honor may be a PlayStation 3 Exclusive. Let me break it down for you… First up PSInsider wrote an article about how Sony had locked an exclusive deal.
Psinsider writes:
“We have received a tip from a source close to the gaming community that Sony plans on announcing something(s) at E3 that will be on the scale of “when Sony announced GTA: San Andreas’ timed exclusivity”. Read the full article here
The second article is by CVG, writing:
“Electronic Arts has claimed that it upcoming FPS Medal Of Honor “maximises what PS3 can do” – and revealed that it led development of the game on Sony’s platform.”
I haven’t read too much in to the whole Final Fantasy comparison screenshot articles, however what seems to be the jist of the articles, from the title, is that the PlayStation 3 version of Final Fantasy is the superior product. In relation to Medal of Honor in order to make an equal product for all platforms it would make sense for the development team to use the full power of the Xbox 360 and once being ported over to the PlayStation 3 spend a lot of time tarting up anything that had been downgraded in the porting process.
Now a lot of people are going to say that EA will not make an exclusive product for a platform, but if you look at Mass Effect (Xbox exclusive) and Need for Speed Online (PC exclusive) then there is no reason as to why Medal of Honor couldn’t be a PlayStation 3 exclusive or at least timed exclusive.
Will Medal of Honor be a PS3 exclusive? I guess We’ll find out at E3. What do you think?

Source: Next Gen News

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I for one would actually like to see this as an exclusive. It might be more of a guide as to how the consoles really compare. FWIW, Ive started meandering my way through BC2, and it looks pretty good in some areas. If there are improvements on that then I'm all for exclusives, as long as the final product is a good game.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts