Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was gonna keep the gizmo even without the subwoofer volume control, but when i had my bro open up the box, the gizmo front face plate is cracked on the upper left portion.

sorry about the pics, they're webcam pics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mike,

If Craig can't get a new one out to your brother in time I can send him mine and then Craig can just send me your replacement.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike,

If Craig can't get a new one out to your brother in time I can send him mine and then Craig can just send me your replacement.
that's a very selfless offer Matt, but i can't do that to you, you deserve to enjoy your gizmo asap - as you just got home from a "craphole" :salute:

Craig should have lots in stock :)

i'm actually indifferent to this situation, i have pretty bad luck and murphy's law should be named mike's law really, but am pretty happy it happened to something as small as the gizmo, rather than any of my subs :scratchchin: it had to happen sometime :dizzy:

btw, why are you still on the nightshift? :salute: still adjusting to the time difference?

·
Registered
64 Posts
that's a very selfless offer Matt, but i can't do that to you, you deserve to enjoy your gizmo asap - as you just got home from a "craphole" :salute:

Craig should have lots in stock :)

i'm actually indifferent to this situation, i have pretty bad luck and murphy's law should be named mike's law really, but am pretty happy it happened to something as small as the gizmo, rather than any of my subs :scratchchin: it had to happen sometime :dizzy:

btw, why are you still on the nightshift? :salute: still adjusting to the time difference?
I couldn't sleep, trying to hack up a lung right now and didn't want to wake the wife. Climate change and all that traveling is kicking my butt right now.

Offer is still there is Craig can't get one out in time.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Matt - Thanks for the offer, once again, you are too cool ...:rock:

Mike, we will get you one out today ... PM me your full name and address (I know, it's your brother's), and yours will be on the way. :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i've never done this before, so will the same guy who delivers the new gizmo be the same guy who picks up the old gizmo? (sorry for being a dumbas$)

thanks for fixing this btw.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
i've never done this before, so will the same guy who delivers the new gizmo be the same guy who picks up the old gizmo? (sorry for being a dumbas$)

thanks for fixing this btw.
That depends on how the local UPS guys do things. At our place, yes, it's the same person.

But we are small town - they also bring dog bisquits for our doberman. :thumbsup:

The driver SHOULD take your unit, worst case, though, just have somone drop it at a UPS center.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Craig,

FYI mine has the exact same crack on the other side. I am not sure if it is shipping damage or an issue with the screw assembly. You may want to look into it.

PLEASE DO NOT send me a new one.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Craig,

FYI mine has the exact same crack on the other side. I am not sure if it is shipping damage or an issue with the screw assembly. You may want to look into it.

PLEASE DO NOT send me a new one.
Thanks, Matt, for both things ... :yes:

It does look as if someone may have cranked a little too hard on the screw ... I doubt we will get this covered on a shipping claim.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
but they still put it in the box ... you need to talk to your suppliers :hissyfit:
Mike - part of the reason for the early $89/$99 sale is to look at all things Quality Control related. So far, we have 2 cracked faceplates, and you can count on this information, along with issues such as the flashing blue light, subwoofer out, and the one case where the veneer was cracked being reported back to Stephen and/or Doug.

:yes:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Mike - part of the reason for the early $89/$99 sale is to look at all things Quality Control related. So far, we have 2 cracked faceplates, and you can count on this information, along with issues such as the flashing blue light, subwoofer out, and the one case where the veneer was cracked being reported back to Stephen and/or Doug.

:yes:
Craig -
All of these quality control issues suck, but you've really stepped up to fix things. And improved v1.1.
Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
but they still put it in the box ... you need to talk to your suppliers :hissyfit:
There is no guarantee they were cracked whn put in the box. The screw hole is a stress point, and it may not have failed until it was jarred, there was a temperature change etc. Kind of like my windshield at the moment. I got a small, barely visible chip from a rock but the 18+ inch crack did not develop until an overnight change in temperatures.

Hmmm, I wonder if my glass coverage also covers Gizmo face plates.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Craig -
All of these quality control issues suck, but you've really stepped up to fix things. And improve v1.1.
Thanks.

Mike
Agreed! Growing pains are to be expected with a new company and a brand new product, but you have been hit with more than your share of surprises.

How you have handled them speaks volumes about the type of person you are and the type of company you intend to run. In fact it almost makes up for your hiring a guy like Ray. Almost...

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is no guarantee they were cracked whn put in the box. The screw hole is a stress point, and it may not have failed until it was jarred, there was a temperature change etc. Kind of like my windshield at the moment. I got a small, barely visible chip from a rock but the 18+ inch crack did not develop until an overnight change in temperatures.

Hmmm, I wonder if my glass coverage also covers Gizmo face plates.
Bummer on the windshield, I've had a small crack that expanded greatly thanks to pressure from nearby construction explosions. Thankfully, easily enough replaced (and I assume under full insurance coverage; in MA, we have that).

Maybe you can say a stray Gizmo was flying along, and slammed into the windshield, cracking both of them. Would insurance cover them both? :sly:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts