Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Power Sound Audio just released this update on their Facebook page:

We added photographs of the finish options for the Triax. The photos are all clickable to show a more detailed view of each finish option. We also added a technical drawing to show the Triax subwoofer dimensions. Click on the link and see how compact a subwoofer can be with three 15" high excursion drivers.

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/blogs/news/8000055-triax-update

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No problem. I wanted to embed the pictures. But I ran out of upload capacity.

I gotta say as I said on AVS. Thankfully I can't afford this right now. Because the choice between Cordovan Cherry, American Cherry and Espresso I would be unable to make a choice they all look great. I can't wait to see actually veneered enclosures.
No doubt. They are going to look fantastic.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
WAAAAAAAAAAOOOOWW!!! WOW ow ow ow...

8000watt peak - we are talking about a 30amp dedicated circuit..., right? If I could get the door to open one of those sound pressure waves would toss me thru the doorway onto the lawn like a Frisbee.

I mean if I were watching a great Steve Irwin scene of a crock's low rumble mating call..., all the female crocodiles would be migrating north to Maine wouldn't they!!!

I mean..., Wow! I do want one... OK, maybe two. But you don't have to play them loud.

·
Registered
45 Posts
WAAAAAAAAAAOOOOWW!!! WOW ow ow ow...

8000watt peak - we are talking about a 30amp dedicated circuit..., right? If I could get the door to open one of those sound pressure waves would toss me thru the doorway onto the lawn like a Frisbee.

I mean if I were watching a great Steve Irwin scene of a crock's low rumble mating call..., all the female crocodiles would be migrating north to Maine wouldn't they!!!

I mean..., Wow! I do want one... OK, maybe two. But you don't have to play them loud.
Actually you can run the Triax on a 15A circuit. Tom has mentioned the speaker power amp will do 4kw for about 5 to 6 seconds (RMS).

·
Registered
503 Posts
I want one. I WANT ONE. I will stop yelling now. This looks like the real deal. I have to wonder how it is gonna stack up against the submersive and the new JTR sub. WOW. Things are looking up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I want one. I WANT ONE. I will stop yelling now. This looks like the real deal. I have to wonder how it is gonna stack up against the submersive and the new JTR sub. WOW. Things are looking up.
Based on driver count (3X15), and power of the amp it should be stronger than the Sumbersive HP and I'm not sure on the JTR's.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Any word on the giveaway?

I got an email newsletter on the 10th that said details would be announced in a few days, but I've not seen anything. Also, it said the sub would be the "XV30f Triax", but the XV30f and Triax are different models. Anyone know which will be given away?

I actually in the market for a new sub. Winning one of these beauties would be fantastic! :T

21 - 40 of 53 Posts