Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once you are qualified for the Creative Sound Solutions SDX10 x 3 Giveaway, you need to let us know you would like to be entered in the giveaway using this thread.

This thread is for qualification ONLY!

POST HERE ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE QUALIFIED!

For questions and comments use the Creative Sound Solutions SDX10 x 3 Giveaway thread.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Looks like you've got this in the bag Eyekode. Only 5 days left and a total of 1 qualified person entered! :time-out:
You've got to be kidding me! C'mon people! The next 2 entry's are virtually guaranteed a sweet little 10" driver.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sweet!! I will build a sealed tower with 3x drivers and a bunch of eq :). Man, I really need one more so I can get a 4ohm load and put all the drivers on opposing faces of the tower to balance the vibrations :yay:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I completely forgot about this contest! I may have enough to enter but have not kept track and I really know nothing about building my own sub enclosure.:bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Would building it into the riser for my rear seats be a good place to have it? I have not started construction on it yet but plan to do so in the fall.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok, I know I won't get 3 drivers... but if I did? Ported in a 8ft^3 cabinet tuned to ~15Hz with a single 6" port. Would be only 6db down at 20hz so would probably end up about flat. With 400w it would be ~115db flat to 20Hz (assuming 6db of room gain). Would probably require a high pass filter to protect the drivers < 15hz.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Eykode, I'm almost tempted to let you have 'em all for that pretty rendering... but not quite. ;) OK, I 'm all qualified now and getting itchy to do another build. Here's my idea for my subless friend:

A nice small ported enclosure based on their recommended alignment. It won't rock the house, but it will definitely give him the low end he isn't getting with his Paradigm Phantoms.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well - seems I'm all qualified. Hopefully with only ~4 days left we're the only ones in it. I had to play catch up from when I was in school.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I forgot about this contest until recently. Too bad I didn't see it sooner, I'd make it. It would be nice to get an SDX-10 to see how it compares to my SDX-15's. Let me know how you like yours, ok guys!

·
Registered
292 Posts
lol I guess we are the only three. Does that mean we each get one? or..?

Thanks Ricci - enjoy that free sub of your too. It looks great, but have you hooked it up yet or are you just enjoying your XXX?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I've been enjoying the XXX so far. I'm waiting on getting my other CE4000 back from a bass player friend of mine, which should be tonight! I've been amp-less for the SDX's up till now.

I will say that the build quality and over-all looks of the SDX15's is very good. I was impressed. The pictures don't do them justice. The cones look especially sexy and I'm sure the SDX10's will be the same.

I believe that this contest was to give away 3 SDX10's, 1 each to 3 different people. It appears like it's a win/win for you guys that got in.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well hope your friend gets it back in good condition. =P

Yeah I've seen some Hi-res pictures of the SDX15 and they do looks very good, and IIRC the SD12 uses the same material for the cone. I think the SDX10 uses a different cone though, as the pictures look different than what I've seen of it's bigger brothers. Not sure though. I'm hoping it'll be the same material though - that'd be sexy.

Yeah, I think we're guaranteed a good little sub.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, a little plexi-glass window would be cool, but you'd have to skip on the stuffing otherwise It'd look like a snowstorm. ^_^

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see no reason to draw. I really thought we would have more interested members. :huh:

Looks like eyekode, mgboy and Owen Bartley :T

Congratulations guys!

An easy win it was!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts