Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Going into the workshop today where I left the amp/packing materials, first sniff tells me the seller's moniker of seadog has something to it....
thanks for the headstart on fan research!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hmmm.... I wonder if these amps saw service at a beach resort (Club Med?) or on a cruise ship. It's not at all uncommon for large piles of old gear to end up on eBay after a company like these retires a show and specs a new rig for their showroom.

I remember talking to an amp tech once that had received a pallet of Ashly amps that had been submerged in seawater after the resort where they were in use got hit by a hurricane. The impressive part was that after they washed all the crystallized salt off of the important inner-bits, they fired 'em up and every single one tested at factory spec. Hopefully "Seadog" either picked them up from a shop that checked them out, or he's a technician himself. Given that his other auctions are Luis Vuitton items, I kinda doubt he's a tech.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm thinking any odors are more likely from the packing materials rather than where the amp was used BWK?

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I decided to try this one...as it appears to pump out more CFM, and is 4db quieter than a brand new stock fan. We will see how it does/ It is thicker but I am going to make a new tunnel too. We looked at the tunnel and decided it needs to angle downward where the heat sink is on the amp...by doing this the theory is that all the air flow will hit the heat sink instead of saome flowing over it.
http://www.amazon.com/Gdstime-80mm-15mm-Brushless-Cooling/dp/B00ZFPDAI4/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1461702225&sr=1-2&keywords=Gdstime+80mm+5v

Package include: 1pcs fan
Dimensions: 80x80x15mm
Connector:XH2.54-2P
Rated Voltage: DC:5V
Rated Current: 0.3 Amp
Rated Speed: 2700 RPM
Air flow: 32.5 CFM
Noise: 27 dBA
Bearing Type: Sleeve
Life: 35000 hours
Cable Lenght: 25cm or 10 inches
Weight: 48g

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So have you hooked it up to a source & listened to any music/movies?
No... I am waiting until the fans arrive.

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Going into the workshop today where I left the amp/packing materials, first sniff tells me the seller's moniker of seadog has something to it....
thanks for the headstart on fan research!
You might want to order some fuses in case one blows as they are not normal stock (in my area at least). They are an odd ball size. 3 amp 250v Littlefield 5x15 fuse Digikey part number F2454-ND. I am hoping that these are the right diameter. I only had a ruler to put them up against and they were a little bigger in diameter than 1/8". Also the stock fans are thicker than the replacement one i got, but the replacement was around 6db quieter.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You might want to order some fuses in case one blows as they are not normal stock (in my area at least). They are an odd ball size. 3 amp 250v Littlefield 5x15 fuse Digikey part number F2454-ND. I am hoping that these are the right diameter. I only had a ruler to put them up against and they were a little bigger in diameter than 1/8". Also the stock fans are thicker than the replacement one i got, but the replacement was around 6db quieter.
Thanks about the fuse, still haven't even opened it up. Is it quiet enough for you now or will you continue to try and modify?

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks about the fuse, still haven't even opened it up. Is it quiet enough for you now or will you continue to try and modify?
I have new fans that are about 6db quieter, and appear to push more air, but I some how blew 2 fuses after repeated testing of fans. My new fuses should be in by Thursday...once they are in I will test the fans one last time before putting the amps back together.

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Wait on the fuses...they might be ".3amp", not "3amp". I will post up when I verify.

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I just called Crest Audio sales, and they said it is a 3amp fuse not a .3a fuse. They also said that there are 3 of them. The strange thing is they said there are 8 fuses in the amp, but I only see 3.

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I received the fuses and they are 3Amp, and are also marked .3Amp. I installed them with the new fans. I hope to have them hooked up Friday or Saturday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I just bought the CM2208 and I want to turn on/off each channel with a wifi switch like sonoff. I tried already the sonoff sv and the sonoff basic but it doesn't work. I thing the main problem is the 70.7Volt output per channel. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

regards
damian

·
Premium Member
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I use Insteon outdoor outlets to turn on and off my amps, but that is one outlet for each amp... I do not know how you would turn off individual channels on the same amp. Post up if you solve the problem.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts