Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 120 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sorry I don't understand... why the mic need a calibration? It's not perfect yet?
Look a few post up and see how much individual mics vary that are suppose to be the same. Yes, they're not perfect and require a correction file preferable for that individual mic. With the generic files, you always wonder just how far off you are actually reading.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
FYI, the last batch of mics I got included a microphone with a very unusual frequency response curve:

Because of this crazy response, I'm really not comfortable selling this mic at the regular price, so I'm selling it as a Premium+ model for $60 on my refurb page. You can download a copy of the full cal report (which also shows the polar response) before you order to make sure you know what you're getting. The mic otherwise works fine (sensitivity and noise floor within norms), it just seems like it's an outlier.

It will ship within 24 hours.

edit: it's gone.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a PartsExpress EMM6 that came with a cal file. I was wondering if anybody has had one of these calibrated yet and how much it varied? I was wondering if I should use that file or the averaged EMM6 file offered here? I'll probably get mine calibrated some time when I've got a few bucks to throw at it, but I was wondering what you guys would do in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Use the curve that came with your EMM-6, it will be closer than the average curve here. The individual EMM-6 curves aren't bad, and they seem to have improved some with the latest bunch.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Use the curve that came with your EMM-6, it will be closer than the average curve here. The individual EMM-6 curves aren't bad, and they seem to have improved some with the latest bunch.
Ok thanks for the reply. Thats what I figured but it doesnt look much like any of the ones that constitue the default/average graph, thats what made me want to ask.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
FYI, I have a few mini-tripods leftover from another project, so I'm offering them with my calibrated mics for an additional $2 (to cover the shipping from the additional weight, I'm otherwise giving them away for free).

Offer good while supplies last.

edit: link should work now

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Hey guys,

FYI, my schedule is getting full for the rest of this month, so mic shipments may be delayed by up to a week. To compensate for that delay, I'm offering $10 off calibrated Behringer and Dayton microphone orders.

The discount will be applied to the cart when the order is placed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
I need to set up a measurement system for speaker design and room setup. Can I get by with just the Galaxy, or would a Dayton/Behringer mic also be required?

Thanks,
bearberry

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Hi,
I need to set up a measurement system for speaker design and room setup. Can I get by with just the Galaxy, or would a Dayton/Behringer mic also be required?

Thanks,
bearberry
I provide calibration curves with the Galaxy Verified+ models, so you would be okay with just the meter. Order by midnight tonight and get an additional $5 off or a free pocket speaker with your HTS username (see the Thanksgiving thread, although keep in mind I'm out of stock in meters and won't start shipping them until later this week).

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just wanted to chime in here for anyone on the fence about ordering a calibrated mic through this service ... do it! ... The shipping was blazingly fast (YMMV) and there was great communication. Well worth the few extra bucks vs. an off the shelf mic. My experience, YMMV. :D

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I just wanted to chime in here for anyone on the fence about ordering a calibrated mic through this service ... do it! ... The shipping was blazingly fast (YMMV) and there was great communication. Well worth the few extra bucks vs. an off the shelf mic. My experience, YMMV. :D
Well, just so we don't set expectations too high, fast shipping happens when 1) I have product in stock, and 2) when I'm around to ship mics, both of which are conditions which seem to happen less often nowadays. In fact I'm actually traveling this week so mics won't ship until Saturday at the earliest (more likely early next week). As a result, I have temporarily reduced prices until pricing returns to normal.

Speaking of which, I'll give HTSers another $5 off those mic sales prices (and don't forget the normal $5/$10 discount off the Galaxy meters). Just leave your HTS username on the "message to seller" on the last PayPal page. Prices go back to normal on Saturday.

101 - 120 of 368 Posts