Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired one of these amps from my job. Has anyone ever used any of the CDI series before? They are awesome. USB connectivity to my HTPC allows me to set crossover points(Including going low enough to use as a HPF) among other things. Ridiculous power and customization options. I am driving my ported LLT 15" Titanic DIY sub with it currently with just one channel, and my center with the other channel(LoL). Just seeing if anyone ever shelled out the cash for one of these and is using it. I realize as far as budget and low cost is concerned it's probably at the bottom of the list.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
It looks like a nice amp! Same thing but maybe a leg up or two up from the iNuke amps. You should get another sub for that spare channel and use your AVR for your center :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually don't have an AVR haha. I use pro audio gear for every channel. CDI 4000 for my sub/center, CDI 1000 for mains, and Crown CH1 for rears. All rack mounted, including my HTPC which I installed on bearings for easy inspection/upgrading. My mains consist of 4 Electrovoice FRI 2082's if that gives you any idea of how patched together this system is. Some would say its not ideal, but its incredibly loud and immersing. I couldn't put enough power to this system to produce distortion and it sounds amazing, to me at least. I just hadn't read anything about the CDI series amps on here. I couldn't imagine buying one but Since I had it I thought I would use it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts