Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Musician's Friend has the X2000 and X4000 on sale for $199 and $299 respectively... The X series is nothing but a rebadged XLI series made specifically for Musician's Friend and Guitar Central (kinda like how costco has the same item as other stores but with a different model #).. the X2000 is the same as the XLi 2500 and the X4000 is the same as the XLi 3500

X4000
X2000

they can't bridge into 4 ohms, or run on 2 ohms (most likely power supply limited), but the specs are RMS of

4 ohms = 1350 W per channel
8 ohms = 1000 W per channel
Bridged at 8 ohms = 2700 watts per channel

I'm snagging one to use to power either 2 Stereo Integrity 18 D4's at 1000 watts each on 8ohms (I think 1350 is a bit too high for the SI 18's)... or a pair of Dayton Ultiamax's at 1350 per each one at regular 4 ohms....

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
I have the x1000 for my front heights and am pleased with it. There have been some measurements proving distortion from the units, but I can't hear any, so that is what counts in my book. You can't beat $99 for a 200 wpc amp, much less a Crown. It runs quiet in comparison to my other amps as well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have 3 Crown X 1000 and I am very pleased, they weigh 30lb, and sound great. No fan noise either. Hey for $99 you can't beat it. I wonder how the x4000 compares to the Inuke 6000dsp when connected to two 18" subs. From what I have read the Inuke doesn't actually produce 3000 watts however the Crown does produce 1350watts. Crown does not fudge their numbers.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 3 Crown X 1000 and I am very pleased, they weigh 30lb, and sound great. No fan noise either. Hey for $99 you can't beat it. I wonder how the x4000 compares to the Inuke 6000dsp when connected to two 18" subs. From what I have read the Inuke doesn't actually produce 3000 watts however the Crown does produce 1350watts. Crown does not fudge their numbers.
the Inuke numbers are rather bloated.. the real numbers are

Inuke 3000
620 watts per chan at 4ohm
2200 watts bridged at 4ohm

Inuke 600 is LITERALLY 2 bridged Inuke 3000's in one case
sooooooo, 2200 watts a channel at 4ohms (and since it's 2 of the 3000's in one case it obviously can't be bridged any further)

·
Registered
135 Posts
What does that really equate to when connected to a 15" or 18" subwoofer? Could you actually hear a difference or would it be so slight you would need equipment to do so. Inuke 2200 watts @ 4 ohms compared to crown 1350 watts @ 4 ohms

·
Registered
454 Posts
were do u get it for $99?All I can find is $200

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
Mike did they get more old stock in, and start the sale again?
I went to my local Guitar Center (in August), and they said the amps were discontinued. They searched all the dealers in my area, and they were all sold out (now some people have said that they were able to still find some. This was in August when the sale was current). I would bet that a lot of them are being flipped for a profit on eBay.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike did they get more old stock in, and start the sale again?
I went to my local Guitar Center (in August), and they said the amps were discontinued. They searched all the dealers in my area, and they were all sold out (now some people have said that they were able to still find some. This was in August when the sale was current). I would bet that a lot of them are being flipped for a profit on eBay.
I don't know... Mine still had some yesterday

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
I don't know... Mine still had some yesterday
If anyone wants one they should tell their local store to get it from your store for them. :T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.