Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning the dual FTW-21 subs that I want to build and will have two separate subs that are sealed each housing the FTW-21 sub. I was really interested in the Crown XLi 3500 for it's dual 4ohm capable of 1350w for each channel.

Obviously this doesn't have DSP but I will plan on doing a miniDSP but the questions is will the Crown be a GOOD setup for this application?

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Good, as in will the Crown be a good quality amp or good, as in enough wattage?

As I have said before if building a large enclosure for these FTW I would at least aim for an amp that is capable of 2400watts. If not then just get what you can afford.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good, as in will the Crown be a good quality amp or good, as in enough wattage?

As I have said before if building a large enclosure for these FTW I would at least aim for an amp that is capable of 2400watts. If not then just get what you can afford.
So then I need two of these amps and have each one bridged for 2700w.

Someone here said for a sealed 10cu-ft setup I could get by with 1000-1500 watts.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Behringer iNUKE NU6000? 3,000w to each channel at 4ohms.

Everyone seems to be using these anyway and it wily be for the subsonic stuff so not like I care what it sounds like heh.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
The Inuke will be a good choice. The fans on those amps are not quiet. SO take notice of this first before placing the amp close by your seating area.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I think it was measured to put out 1800watts per channel driving two channels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts