Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
81 - 100 of 212 Posts

· Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Thank you Anechoic, I'd like photography

Sorry, I've missing to put the clip picture.(include on the box)

But I didn't seen any serial N° on the clip... are your sure there is one on it?
When I was referring to the serial number, I meant the "CSL-Exxx" number that I assign to the mic, not something that came with the mic itself.

· Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 · (Edited)
Hi again,

I was using the weekend to clean up the huge stacks of empty boxes I accumlated during the EMM-6 sale and it turns out that one of those boxes... wasn't quite empty.

I have one more that's going out as a Premium or Premium+. If you want it, come and get it. If ordered before 1pm EST, it will go out the same days.

(I swear I'm not trying to game you guys by dribbling out mics, it's just that I *am* that disorganized!)

Edit: well, that was fast!

· Registered
9 Posts
yep, i keep checking every day to see if it has left UK customs, as it has been stuck in there for 4 days, it's making me think they will slap lots of import tax on, but i also wonder if the usps system actually carries on tracking when out of the US's postal control?

· Registered
26 Posts
Unexpectedly got mine very fast, thanks!
Wife eyeballed it, and asked if it would be good for her webinars...quickly put it in safe place.
(Drat! V2.0) All this time, thought either /or my panasonic sv3700 DAT or Otari mx-50 had phantom power and mic preamps. The Otari has preamps, but no power, and is a bit on the heavy side for a test preamp...
Now to look for a schematic with modern low noise chips, or discrete.... I forgot, are 9v dry cells inherently noisy for phantom power, can be bypassed? Then the mic is not the quietest in the flock.

· Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I ask about shipping notices because it seems like there are a lot of people who never get any emails from USPS even though I always indicate that I want the customer notified. I suppose it's just the US gov't at work. Thanks all for your updates.

minaximal: I do think the USPS stops updating their tracking info once they hand it off to the foreign postal service, but I thought that the delivery notice is relayed back to the USPS. I may be mistaken though. As for import taxes, I use the value of the actual mic ($40USD in your case) to set the value to minimize the hit. Also, you can build a decent phantom power rig using a couple of resistors and 9V batteries. IIRC Shure has a couple of circuit designs on their website.

nerdful1: you're only two states away, so it's basically next-day shipping to your house.

· Registered
502 Posts
I got my mic the morning of the 3rd day after ordering and I ordered. I ordered in the evening, got notified the next day of shipping by both Cross Spectrum and USPS, two days later I received the mic and it tested good.

I wish other sellers worked as well.

Dan

· Registered
26 Posts
I figure I could strap on a couple 9 volt batteries till I build a nice little phantom power preamp box to fit in my ISF equipment bag.
What would 9v vs 48v limit me to. I am not looking for SPL, or recording, just sane frequency response room testing. Then, it is easy to clip enough 9 volts together for anything. (I've clipped 10 together for antique tube portable radios). Is just that I am eyeballing the mic in front, the Otari a few feet away...

81 - 100 of 212 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.