Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ventured allong this website by chance looking for a deal on a sub...........
Two weeks later with some great help (Mike P and Tonyvb) and an awesome sub (thanks Bob) I put together my first ever audio DIY in the form of a Sonosub.

The plan was to build a sub on a budget and it came together nicely with CSS's great price and some donated materials and tools

In the end I created a four and a half foot tall sonosub that is only 16 3/4" in diameter with a 6" sonotube port that is 34 inches long. The total effective volume of the sonosub is 4.73 cuft (134 litre) tuned to 20.8 hz.

I Decided against top and bottom plates and found some nice legs at Ikea of all places.
Currently I am just teting it out and will hopefully finish it sometime next week (sand, primer and paint)

Lastly, I am currently driving it with one of my channels from my Rotel RMB1075 and it is awesome. Unfortunately due to upgraditis and morepowerendology I may have to contact CSS and order up a BASH 500 for my new years present!!!!!

Pictures coming later this weekend,
feel free to question or comment

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its sounds awesome, but like I said before I need more power now!
Unfortunately that is in the distant future because my wife is due after xmas.... oh well

BTW I also recommend that if anyone is building a sub to purchase one of the CSS mounting kits, it makes final hook up and mounting very easy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys my project has stalled out for a bit due to cold weather and a pregnant wife..... I will try and update things in the new year.

Merry XMAS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts