Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Customer called twice between last week and this week and this is the result:

We had just enough parts to assemble two 24" woofers. One of them is my own personal woofer that I will be using in my theater/media room and the other one has been just parts until this week. The customer called and the more we talked about the 24" IB woofer the more interested he got and then he asked if we would sell him the other woofer. Other people in our company, and now employees as they have caught the bug too after seeing it in person, have dibs on production units but they don't need the woofers right now so this second prototype was able to go to someone who would use it soon. This woofer along with other woofers and work for other companies is what I've been busy with these past few weeks.

First we grab the big triple stacked motor and mount the solid aluminum adapter:

Then the basket gets mounted:

Bottom of the top assembly is shimmed in and glued up:

Almost there...

And how a beefy 10" looks next to the 24". :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Some pretty cool pictures of a speaker being built. Do not think I have seen that some where before. Where do you get parts like this ? Magnets and the frames ? are the parts made in china then built up some place else?

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Love the look of that spacer. Awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
This is an IB subwoofer. It has been mentioned before that there will be a sealed/ported version down the road made. No ETA on that.

If you wanted to use this woofer in a sealed environment it better be a HUGE cabinet. Like a door as a baffle and a room as the cabinet. But that is about as closed to sealed as your going to go. I look forward to seeing the bigger motor version down the road for sure. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is an IB subwoofer. It has been mentioned before that there will be a sealed/ported version down the road made. No ETA on that.

If you wanted to use this woofer in a sealed environment it better be a HUGE cabinet. Like a door as a baffle and a room as the cabinet. But that is about as closed to sealed as your going to go. I look forward to seeing the bigger motor version down the road for sure. :D
my post meant for the HT version when it arrives. i been thinkin about this sub and seeing if i could pressurize a room with one in a sealed enclosure and certain amount of power...... along with a boost at 15-18hz.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well we got this email today from the customer telling us how the 24" IB woofer is performing:

I received the HT 24. Man it's a beast! Finally got my infinite baffle enclosure built and mounted the 24". Initial listening tests are very impressive. The music now has a realistic sense of weight and dynamics. I always new I was missing something in my previous audiophile systems. SCALE! Now I have it. The feel and sense of the music. I have not even started to fine tune my system with any crossover points. I am just running everything straight with natural roll off high and low. I will NOT need any EQ, but will experiment will low pass crossovers around 70 HZ or so, but the HT 24" has good output well above that into the upper bass and midrange also, so I have some flexibility to fine tune for sure. I am very glad I decided to buy this from you. It puts all other bass I have heard to shame. No comparison at all. Horn loaded, ported, sealed, whatever, NOT EVEN CLOSE! I heard mega buck systems that are well into the thousands that can not approach the sense of scale and dynamics that I now have. REAL BASS. CLEAN AND NOT COMPRESSED. More like the real thing. Well I can't say enough really, but one thing I have noticed is that I catch myself smiling like a kid when I now listen to PINK FLOYD. It's all about the music, and enjoying the experience and I definitely am now. Again, Thank you Nick for your help and for making this HT 24". It's just what I have been missing. Gotta go and listen more!

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
Would this work on a transparent screen wall (mounting the speaker below the screen)? I have a wall that is about 20' long, and will be building a false wall for my projector screen (when I build my theater), and front channel speakers. The wall will be about 5' from the rear wall... Would this be good?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would this work on a transparent screen wall (mounting the speaker below the screen)? I have a wall that is about 20' long, and will be building a false wall for my projector screen (when I build my theater), and front channel speakers. The wall will be about 5' from the rear wall... Would this be good?
Yes it will work very well. The customer who purchased the only 24" IB woofer we could build at the moment has it mounted on a false wall in the front of his listening room.

·
Premium Member
5,822 Posts
Yes it will work very well. The customer who purchased the only 24" IB woofer we could build at the moment has it mounted on a false wall in the front of his listening room.
Will it be ok with the huge transparent screen though... It will almost be the whole wall that is open with just a audio transparent screen except for maybe a foot or so all around the screen.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will it be ok with the huge transparent screen though... It will almost be the whole wall that is open with just a audio transparent screen except for maybe a foot or so all around the screen.
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you have an illustration to show what you're talking about?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts