Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching everywhere thinking this is such a common driver that there should be existing plans out there.

I am looking for something around 6 cubic feet, with two 4" precision ports. I am planning on driving it with the 500w OAudio plate amplifier, but may just go with an external professional amplifier. Regardless, 500w is what I am thinking. I'd like it tuned at 18Hz, but honestly I'm not picky.

So yeah - just trying to get started here but having a hard time getting some cut sheets and designs since the Shiva X is a bit dated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you aware the ports will have to each be 32" long?

No sir, haha, I was not. So then what would you recommend m should I instead try to tune to 22GA? I am a bit lost, and hence the need for some direction and help.

I am looking for something I can get going on, without to much hassle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, thanks for the help guys - sounds like a plan.

I found a local lumber place in the Chicago suburbs that will do the square/rectangular cuts for me. So all I need to worry about is the circular cuts, and other detail stuff.

I figure I will finalize my dimensions and account for the volume you loose from ports, etc., post that up to make sure I am missing anything. Then make a cut sheet and see if there is anything I need to address for "looks" before I just get the MDF and the cuts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts