Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a d52w23 model rca tv. it has been giving me a problem where the blue color shifts to the left side. ive been reading abuot other problems and i got info where i could finally look inside it. i got info where i should try to resolder the pins on the HVT. to get under it, i had to remove numberous types of connectors. found no obvious signs where there were bad components. the HVT looked like it had a crack around the pin and so i resoldered them all. CAREFULLY reassembled. plugged it back in....NOTHING.... noticed that i had left the long 10 pin{or so} connector off the convergence board. unplugged it and reconnected it checked and rechecked every thing . still not coming on...checked 3 fuses near HVT, one alittle further back, 2 on the A/V board and the one glass fuse for power in. what could i have done wrong. i tried to remove wires from HVT but they would not budge easily so i left them alone. followed them to...like a distributor.. and noticed the mounting screw was loose so i tightined it up.....please someone help.....icallico......help
:dontknow::yikes::devil::hsd::huh::hissyfit:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your thread was moved to the RCA forum to maintain forum organization and to make information easier to find in the future.

These sets can be a real challenge. There are a number of locations with potentially bad connections. The ribbon cable connectors are suspect if they are white. There is a black connector that RCA replaced them with that has a much more reliable connection. Other possibilities are coolant leaks or the ground wire on the tubes slipping over to ground the yoke.

There are about a dozen high failure points in these sets. They can be very difficult even for an experienced tech, and are not a very good performer even when tweaked or calibrated carefully. I would not recommend expending too much effort on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts