Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm in doubt between those 2. They seem to perform really close to each other, ported enclosure (200L) and sealed(linkwitz transform, 100L).
Thing is, JL would be a little less expensive, as I would buy them used. JL would be 86-90% of the price of the UM18-22
What would you do? Are they really equivalent or am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
How much wattage were you using in your sims?

A 13" driver verse an 18" is not going to win. But there are a lot of variables so can you post a screen shot of what you simulated?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1 Posts
As the title says, I'm in doubt between those 2. They seem to perform really close to each other, ported enclosure (200L) and sealed(linkwitz transform, 100L).
Thing is, JL would be a little less expensive, as I would buy them used. JL would be 86-90% of the price of the UM18-22
What would you do? Are they really equivalent or am I missing something?
Hello
I have just recently completed my dual 13W7 build. I decided to go sealed purely for the tightness and the musicality.
My room wouldnt allow ported as the scale of the enclosures wouldnt fit in well.
I did test the duals before I took the plunge of the construction. I had a few car enclosures which I tested them in. The test left a grinn on my face with both the sealed and the ported.
Which ever enclosure you decide to go for im sure it would be to your liking. I chose these drivers purely because
1 i already one that wasnt being used in the car anymore
2 The sq is the best iv come across.

I forgot to add Im powering the drivers with the inuke 12000dsp limited at around 1300 watts rms each.
If you would like to see any videos or images from the test to the enclosure construction feel free to let me know.
I have videos of ported and sealed excursion too.
Hope that helps
:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
How much wattage were you using in your sims?

A 13" driver verse an 18" is not going to win. But there are a lot of variables so can you post a screen shot of what you simulated?
Depends on the Xmax,And the Xmax of the JL is almost 2 times higher than the 18 inch.

Screenshots says enough,JL go,s deeper.

Read the post above JL audio are the best sub,s you can buy in my opinion.
I own 3 Jl,s,never heard a better driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts