Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to get a 133" screen with rs232 control for a great price. This is a 16X9 screen, and would be used with a Panny ae-2000 projector. Its the 1.8 high gain screen.

Nothing is wrong with it, but want to get peoples opinions of the screen and thoughts/impressions.

It is the non-tensioned version and some browsing has revealed that people have seen waves on the screen... but am not sure if this is a big deal or not...

What would you consider a good price for this screen?

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I have the opportunity to get a 133" screen with rs232 control for a great price. This is a 16X9 screen, and would be used with a Panny ae-2000 projector. Its the 1.8 high gain screen.

Nothing is wrong with it, but want to get peoples opinions of the screen and thoughts/impressions.

It is the non-tensioned version and some browsing has revealed that people have seen waves on the screen... but am not sure if this is a big deal or not...

What would you consider a good price for this screen?
How old is it? Which model?

Without knowing more, it wouldn't be worth more than a couple hundred bucks.

What is the "1.8 high gain material"? I've measured most of Da-Lite's material and I can't recall a 1.8 gain material. Could it be Video Spectra - 1.5 gain?

I'd ask more questions before deciding.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Well, it's up to you but I'd offer them $200 and be happy to get it for $300. It retails for roughly $1000 - I've only found the white non-tensioned.

As for the screen material, Da-Lite does not make a 1.8 gain material for this screen. It's available in Matte White (1.0), High Contrast Matte White (1.1), Video Spectra (1.5), or High Power (either 2.4 or 2.8).

Those are Da-Lite's stated gains by the way. :T They do list a 3D Virtual Gray material at 1.85 gain. But there is nothing that is 1.8 on their materials list. My money is on it being a Video Spectra and they just flubbed the number. Or it's a High Power and they still flubbed the number. If it's a High Power, you can always cut it and use it on a diy fixed fram when it curls. I'd guess 60% of HP users do it this way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts