Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too many hobbies, not enough money to go around. I love cars and love home theater. I like to go overboard with both. I just added a supercharger to my Cobra, and now need to upgrade the transmission/clutch. The money will have to come from the sale of my beloved TH-50.

This IS the ultimate home theater subwoofer. Four of these handle the low end for the entire Omnimax Theater in Chicago! In room with a Behringer EP2500 I have measured over 129db at listening position. This is the fastest, cleanest, loudest (BRUTAL IMPACT), and tonally accurate subwoofer I have EVER heard. I have had many subwoofers and there is simply no comparison. You cannot buy a better home theater subwoofer. Extremely efficient and realistic. Headroom is the keyword here.

This is a LARGE subwoofer. With regards to that, this item is pickup only. You will need a big van or pickup truck to haul this beast.

Specs are found here.
http://danleysoundlabs.com/pdf/TH 50 Spec Sheet.PDF

If you are reading this ad, you have heard the hype surrounding this engineering masterpiece.

Asking $2600 obo.

I can email pics if requested. I am located in Central IL.

Thanks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Man I would love to have this. I listened to one for about a half hour in my house and I agree with everything you said about it. If anyone is thinking of a great sub to get you should get this one right now! Its the best subwoofer I have heard, especially for music.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I am not close by and could not afford it anyway, but I would like to know the enclosure design... I might try to mimic it with my Audiopulse drivers.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The th50 design is kept pretty hush hush, but even if it was an easy format, most normal drivers would take a huge enclosure to get them to load right. Ricci has played around with modeling his re xxx 18 in a tapped horn and it would take several hundred cubic feet of enclosure.

I don't know much about tapped horns, but I know it takes a specific driver to get one to work really well.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price is now $2500 obo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.