Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never would have guessed, by looking at the photos, what these subs could actually accomplish, but first...one has to build it. Please excuse the build and photos. We had just left our house and moved into an apartment for a bit so things could be fixed and working in the apartment garage was a challenge.

Amp and driver, both are so overbuilt that I just smiled looking at them.

Start the sandbox cabinet, man sturdy is not the only adjective

Not too pretty without a finish and a proper top, but when put to use....well that is in part two.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sharp eyed viewers, like Danny may even recognize a Tube Dac on the shelf behind the sub he sold me some time ago. I still have it, upgraded a but but working great.

Before I get into further details of this build, let me say that in the world of audio/video and component construction, I am nothing more than an amoeba in a very large world of professionals. Considering I that I am pretty much and unknown, I want to say that Danny Ritchie is a wonderful man. When I have called to order, ask questions, change designs etc, he has always been prompt, upbeat, courteous and offered more time than anyone could expect. He is truly a man of honor, at least from this small customer's point of view.

Thank You good sir !!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apartments and subwoofer's a great combo! Looks like your build is going great make sure to let us know how the neighbors like it.

In this case two things worked in my favor actually. The apartments were only one level high and very well built in that there was sand filled concrete walls between each pad. My neighbor was quite old, almost def and lived most of the time on the opposite side of her home, so, she never heard a thing.

Second, this sub is not a cheap sub that blurts out so much mid bass crud that one forgets there is any music in the background.

Third, I did not get to keep the sub very long, the gentleman who helped me carry this beast around, decided he wanted it and offered me a large amount of money on an as is where is basis and took it home after a month. I have not built another one....yet.

Thoughts and impressions to follow soonest.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a great deal:). Are you planning on building the same next time?
This is the best subwoofer I have had in my system as I will get to in due course, it takes some editing to not sound too stupid, but, I would build another one in a heartbeat. Actually, if I can afford it in the near future, I will build another one, in a nice Bubinga and live very happy. Well...maybe two.

Unfortunately, like many other citizens of late, I lost my job recently, so if things turn around, I will be on the phone.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well good luck on the job front:). Hopefully your wife is still getting better as well.
Thank You, she is indeed getting better. I too hope the job front will bloom with excitement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts