Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was using a 3 ft HDMI cable. When switched with a 6 ft, perfection. Never use a 3 ft HDMI cable. It is not only the Darbee that can have problems with a 3 footer, a lot of electronics can have the same effect. I no longer use a 3 ft HDMI cable.
I use a 6' cable AVR > Darblet and a 3' Redmere cable Darblet > Display. No problems what so ever....

·
Registered
78 Posts
I use a 6' cable AVR > Darblet and a 3' Redmere cable Darblet > Display. No problems what so ever....
And as indicated in my earlier post, I used a 1 footer to my Darbee then another 15 footer to my projector. All of my sources were hooked to my denon x4000 via hdmi with lengths of 1 foot to 3 foot. I never had an issue either. Source items were a Dune HD Duo, Oppo 93, Oppo 103, Roku XS, Directv HR20, ps3, tivo premiere, and a WD live. HOWEVER, I have seen multiple cases where people that had short cables had their issues resolved by switching to 6 foot cables or longer. I believe the lesson to be learned here is IF you have an issue with your Darbee, check your cable lengths. My system has now switched over to all 3 foot redmere cables from sources to the Denon, but I am still running my 1 footer to the Darbee from the denon and the 15 footer to the projector and I have no issues either..

·
Registered
197 Posts
I picked up one of these over the weekend since I noticed Lumagen and Oppo now incorporate them into their products and Curt Palme started selling them. The purist side of me doesn't like it but side of me that likes to tweak things likes it. I tested it with some digital paintings I've done so I could see the distortion, and yes it does distort the image so slightly but it does seem to look "better" and sharper and with more depth to it. It's best used sparingly, I've been playing with HiDef setting between 35 - 45 mostly on my Mitsubishi 73640. It is VERY sensitive to HDMI cables, the first one I used had "sparkles" not what an owner of a DLP wants to see LOL. I'll have to see if my opinion changes over time but for now I think I'll keep it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I picked up one of these over the weekend since I noticed Lumagen and Oppo now incorporate them into their products and Curt Palme started selling them. The purist side of me doesn't like it but side of me that likes to tweak things likes it. I tested it with some digital paintings I've done so I could see the distortion, and yes it does distort the image so slightly but it does seem to look "better" and sharper and with more depth to it. It's best used sparingly, I've been playing with HiDef setting between 35 - 45 mostly on my Mitsubishi 73640. It is VERY sensitive to HDMI cables, the first one I used had "sparkles" not what an owner of a DLP wants to see LOL. I'll have to see if my opinion changes over time but for now I think I'll keep it.
I, too, used to be a "purist" and did not do ANYTHING with my video but pass it along unadulterated to the display. I felt dirty if I even messed with the color space. Then I woke up and said "To with purity, if I like what I see who does it hurt?" The darblet will never leave my system.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I, too, used to be a "purist" and did not do ANYTHING with my video but pass it along unadulterated to the display. I felt dirty if I even messed with the color space. Then I woke up and said "To with purity, if I like what I see who does it hurt?" The darblet will never leave my system.
Yeah I'm looking at it more along the lines of "if I like it who cares". It seems to highlight the particular details my eyes are drawn to like skin pores, hair detail, and fabric textures.

·
Registered
309 Posts
DARBEE Visual Presence UltraHD Resolution Images Now Available for Download/View.

4K Samples Link

481 - 487 of 487 Posts