Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Radio Shack SPL Meter Correction Values (All new *.cal files are published!)...

Is there any data (correction values) beyond 100Hz? Like up to 20KHz? I just bought an FBQ2496 for my sub and thought I'd use the unused half for my center channel speaker. I hate to waste half of a perfectly good device.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Re: Radio Shack SPL Meter Correction Values (All new *.cal files are published!)...

just bought an FBQ2496 for my sub and thought I'd use the unused half for my center channel speaker.
Many find that using an equalizer in the mains/center/surround channels does little except add noise floor. Best to use room treatment for those channels.

Is there any data (correction values) beyond 100Hz? Like up to 20KHz?
Above 100Hz the RS meter fairly accurately tracks the standard C-weight curve applied by REW and as such it is uneccessary to include compensation in the cal file. Note that an RS meter is inaccurate above about 5Khz and shouldn't be used. If you want full range try a mic like the ECM 8000. :)

brucek

·
Super Moderator
9,338 Posts

Scott,

I just bought an FBQ2496 for my sub and thought I'd use the unused half for my center channel speaker. I hate to waste half of a perfectly good device.
I can make some comments that may be helpful, but I don’t want to sidetrack this thread, which is about the SPL meter calibration files. You might want to open a new thread.

Regards,
Wayne

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Created a new thread to preserve original.......... now you can comment Wayne :)
Thanks for that!

I thought my post was just deleted. Figured I ought to check around first before I had a :hissyfit: about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.