Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am trying to get some decent data using REW (latest) on an iMac, and using a Behringer ECM8000 Mic attached to Focusrite Clarett8Pre,
The data I get is way off. When I generate e.g. the waterfall, the data is out of bounds. The diagram is limited to 180dB max, but the info button tells my my data is between 234dB and 280dB (and that is after I had set the sweep level to -45dB) which of course doesn't make much sense. I have attached the info dialog in case it makes more sense than what I am trying to explain here.

To me it just looks as if the data offset is wrong, and I can't find any place to adjust it. Where is that value coming from? Any help much appreciated. And yes, this is the first time I try REW, and my first post on this forum… and I spent the last 4hrs trying to figure that one out.

Thanks
- Boris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
SPL calibration is where the offset used for future measurements gets set (the Calibrate button on the SPL meter), that tells REW how to convert input levels to SPL. For current measurements you can use the Offset setting in the graph controls to shift the trace by the amount entered (for 5.18 up to 199dB at a time).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you John, that helped big time. Probably a leftover from when I started, tried to calibrate and had the mic on the wrong input channel. Later I didn't calibrate again because I read that it is not strictly necessary ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts