Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
First off i need to say that I am from Lincoln NE and lived there for 20 years. Ive read a lot of your posts on audyssey set up and have a few questions. Today I am setting up my 5.1 system. I have used your CLP placement that uses the right triangle for my single LP and it worked very well. But, now my girlfriend lives with me and I'd like to do a multiple LP set up. I will being using a high seat back 3 seat sofa.
1) Should just have her sit in the middle seat when she wants to enjoy the system or will me using the entire sofa for LPs give me similar results?
2) Which mic placement pattern should I use and how should I use it?
FYI, My sofa is a little over 9 feet away from the main and center speakers.
Any suggestions and tips for me setting this up would be very appreciated.
Thanks man
Logan
PS Go Big Red

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
When I tuned my old theater with Dirac...I made a jig to hold the Mic at multiple heights so my Mic was always in the same position. This allowed me to get repeatable runs, and I knew that if the results were different it was not because of Mic placement.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Referring to the original post on locations for Audyssey calibration, when you mention all measurements are relative to the MLP, do you return to that location and then move the mic forward, up, left, right, etc. or do you start in the MLP and continue to move from there. Meaning I do not go back to location 1 and move the set number of inches?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a really good article! Tons of work was done, it's obvious.

Whether I view this on a desktop, tablet. or phone, I can't see any of the graphics attached. They show up as broken image icons. The text often refers to these not-visible images. Are they retrievable in some other repository of images?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a really good article! Tons of work was done, it's obvious.

Whether I view this on a desktop, tablet. or phone, I can't see any of the graphics attached. They show up as broken image icons. The text often refers to these not-visible images. Are they retrievable in some other repository of images?
Think I found the image on google search.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Thanks..

Cant wait to find time and try this method...
If it works awesome, I'll be very happy to finally achieve perfection...

I can’t say it’s super successful for multiple seats but for my use case it’s excellent. I’m the one who cares...and built it so..I win!!! Lol

I think you’ll like it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tried this procedure at a customers house.. Using his anthem avm60 and ARC Genesis..

End result from customer.......

AWESOME...

He and I love the end result....

Thanks again..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts