Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a thread over at the other forum, but thought I'd post here as well. I built two single enclosures with a Dayton RS460ho 18" in each. These will get use in my family room. The enclosures are 21" cubes and after driver displacement and bracing vol.ume, I am hangin right around 3.6 cubes per enclosure. They are rough finished at this point and waiting on me to bondo, prime and duratex. Below are pics to this point, which I will update as I finsh them. I am also building 4 dual opposed cabs to run eight of these in my dedicated HT. They have affectionatly been given the name "silverbacks" by Gorilla83, who built his before I did mine. I have Cerwin Vega CV5ks to power them, which will remain in the HT and will be replaced in the family room with something quieter and more economical once finished. Tehy are each seeing about 1250w for testing and thy pound! I have them in a terrible testing room, concrete floors, open to the whole basement and have no eq on them yet, so as expected, they need a little help in the response department. That said, the quality of these subs is great and their output cababilities are not lacking.

Ahhhhh...can't get the pics up. I will try again

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Sounds like a solid set of subs you have going! And yeah, any sealed subs in an open environment without at least some room gain will probably sound anemic... Get those in the HT and see how it goes :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a solid set of subs you have going! And yeah, any sealed subs in an open environment without at least some room gain will probably sound anemic... Get those in the HT and see how it goes :)
That is exactly what has me so excited, they already have a decent amount of output running naked in a big open room. I had two JL Fathom113 subs to try out a month or so back and these Daytons have waaaayy more "room shking ability" than those already. I am going to try to get them into their intended room in the next week or so. They won't be there perminantly as it still needs paint, trim and the finishing touches, but if I can get them in there and do some measuring, hopefully I can get em' eq'ed and once I move in just place them and go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.