Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the dayton 2d270-88 and the sd215-88 due to much cheapness... however are they as bad as they model or is it just me? (again)

was looking at one driver and 2 x pr's in the series.. just as it looks cool to have all those drivers on 1 sub.

however I modelled the 10" in a 30 litre cube with 100watt and it looks rubbish - any other cheapo driver recommendations that could use the dayton passives? I am based in the UK BTW...

I have canned the tube idea due to prohibitive costs of a tube... and not going to use the adire driver as it is quite happy where it is.

I have attached the model I did with the 10" and 2 x pr's.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a bad combination, can't be made to work. The sub has 6 mm Xmax, are you trying to make a sub for a computer audio system?
Hi Mike,

No its for my kids playroom that happens to have a 50" plasma... until recently I had a svs sb12+ in there but had to sell it due to financial consraints,. looking to replace it with something else of similar size... but on the cheap. Also want to make something - every man needs a project!.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$160 for a sub and amp in a 14"x14"x15" box. That's a tough one.
hehe - I know...hence me looking at the dayton drivers.. tbh I am probably looking at 2nd hand parts I would think. The last time I built I got the adires for 20 or 30 euro so that helped a lot.. an amp plate cost me about £50 off of the bay.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Mike - here they are but with postage this is about £65 and I could probably get an xls10 for that... wanted something a bit extra-ordinary tbh.. hence looking at pr's - dont waste your time modelling this. Do you know of any drivers that are good with 2 x pr's? in my budget?

* Klassischer 20cm Tieftöner mit beschichteter Papiermembran
* 39mm Schwingspule
* Linearer Hub +/- 8 mm
* Für geschlossene und Bassreflexgehäuse geeignet
* Ventilierter Stahlkorb
* Montage ohne Einfräsarbeiten
* Impedanz 8 Ohm
* Schalldruck: 88, 5 dN 1W/1m
* Re 5.9 Ohm
* Res Freq 36,5 Hz
* Qts 0,54
* BL 8,3 Tm
* Cms 0.57 mm/N
* Mms 33 Gramm
* Vas 33,1 Liter
* Magnetgrösse: 115mm
* Aussendurchmesser: 213 mm
* Einbaudurchmesser: 178 mm
* Befestigunslöcher: 8 Stück M 5
* Befestigunsdurchmesser: 204mm

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok.. I have an offer on a aci sv12.. trouble is with my modellling it looks like it's only good for huge enclosures... I tried 30-45 litres and it wasn't looking good at all... is there any magic I can perform to help this driver out? maybe search for an amp with a db boost at the low end?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts