Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I came across a pair of Dayton RS12HF-4 real cheap a while back...I recently bought a pair of O-audio 300 watt plate amps to with them. Now it's time to build the enclosures and I was just looking to hear what your ideas sound like. I would like to stick with a ported enclosure as these drivers need EQ to go deep in a sealed box. I know these work best in a 3.5-5 cu ft box...has anybody had success with a smaller ported box? I'd be happy going as low as 25 HZ but of course...the lower the better.

They will be used with polk monitor 40's in a 5.1 system for a HT/music system.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Pete

:dumbcrazy:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being a new member, I can t post a link yet....

but the correct aprt number would be RSS315HF-4. It's their 12 inch 4 ohm High Fidelity Reference Series Driver.

Specs.

Specifications: *Power handling: 400 watts RMS/700 watts max *VCdia: 2-1/2" *Le: .95 mH *Impedance: 4 ohms *Re: 3.3 ohms *Frequency range: 23 - 1,000 Hz *Fs: 23 Hz *Magnet weight: 150 oz. *SPL: 89 dB 2.83 V/1m *Vas: 3.00 cu. ft. *Qms: 3.00 *Qes: .52 *Qts: .44 *Xmax: 14mm *Dimensions: A: 12-3/8", B: 11-1/8", C: 5-3/8".

Thanks,

Pete

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Here are 3 models of the sub. All are with 300 watts input power and assuming a 18 hz sub sonic filter. All work with a 4 inch flared port and port air speed is within limits. Cabinet size is net volume and does not include the displacement of the sub, port, and any bracing. You should contact O-Audio and find out about the SSF frequency.

Dayton.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts