Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I plan on building my 1st sonosub with the Dayton RSS390HF-4 15IN. Have any of you used this driver? If so, what diameter sono tube should i buy. I would like a tuning freq. of 16Hz. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the thread. I've been planning to build a Dayton RSS390HF-4 LLT 12CF tuned to 16 Hz as well. Not necessarily sonotube, but close enough. I have been convinced by the reviews on this sub that it is for me. It will also match well with my Natalie P mains (Dayton RS drivers). So, I will be following along. If you need the WinISD file for the RSS390HF let me know and I will PM it to you.

Thanks,

Kyle

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
You're going to have to be careful using a EP2500 for this. The sub will reach Xmax with 250 watts. You will also need a high pass filter (rumble filter) at 14 hz to protect the subs from over excursion at the lower frequencies. Consider the Reckhorn B1 or E.D. eQ.2, about $100.

With room gain you can expect 110-112 db down to 16 hz. For porting you can use a 6 inch diameter tube 23 inches long or two Parts Express 4 inch flared ports 22 inches long.

390HF.JPG

Depending on how wide and tall you want your tubes, here are the measurements for a 20 inch diameter tube....
20 inch.JPG

a 22 inch diameter tube....
22 inch.JPG

and a 24 inch diameter tube. Your choice.

Note the sub used in the program is the Dayton Reference, it was used for mounting depth purposes only.
24 inch.JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike, thanks for the valuable info. Which one of those tube diam. would you use? I have an AudioControl Phase coupled Activator Series III crossover with 24db/oct. Linkwitz Riley and it has a rumble filter. Can I use it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Kyle, I can use the Winisd file. What do you mean by PM? I'm new to all this forum talk:doh:

·
Registered
145 Posts
PM stands for Private Message. Most Forums support a private messaging system for forum members to communicate together without exposing personal emails. In your case the private messaging has not been setup or is not active. Click the username link in a post and a list of options comes up with private message (usually) being one of them. I sent you an email detailing how to get the WinISD file.

Thanks,

Kyle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts