Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
You will find a heavy bias toward pro amps here. I had the SA1000 plate equivalent. It was underpowered and HPF'd. I prefer BigWatts and a pure path. So, of course, I'm an EP4K owner w/ MiniDSP for shaping. I have no desire to switch to anything else, except maybe to that "illegal" amp that comes out of China that's like a billion watts or something :). (can't recall the brand/specs)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the MiniDSP a required component to get the IB sub working properly or can I get away with only the ART clean box ? I can pick up the Clean box locally.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's possibly that you may be able to drive the Behringer with just your AVR LFE output. You never know till you try. No, MiniDSP definitely not required (but highly recommended and "cheap" in the grand scheme of things). And if you're going to be spending $70 anyway

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=245-868

then may as well go all the way to MiniDSP. Nope, I get no kickbacks :huh:.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a circuit diagram for the dayton audin sa1000 amp? My sa1000 amp broke down, I replaced the fuses but they keep burning up when I start the amp.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't know what's going on with my Dayton amps... I bought five since last January and four failed on me. One developed a loud hum, two just croaked and one developed a loud rumble... The one common denominator is the amps failed when powered on from an off state...

41 - 46 of 46 Posts