Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the advantage of this amp over say an iNuke bridged to 1,000 watts?

I imagine it will be quieter but at $150 vs $400 what's the justification for getting it? Will be pushing a Dayton Ultimax 15 in a 3 ft^3 sealed box. I have external PEQ.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Dayton has a hi-pass filter which would be needed for ported applications, for sealed applications the iNuke would be the better value, especially if you have external PEQ.
It's pretty loud though isn't it? Too loud to be in the viewing room on a rack?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Class A/B technology translates to, what I feel, better sound quality. Although I have not heard an iNuke in a Home Theater system, only PA.
I think the Dayton Subwoofer amps are still a good value, albeit not as inexpensive as an iNuke.
I'd be curious to hear what others think of the iNuke's sound quality...?

Sent From My S4 Via HTS App

·
Registered
652 Posts
The Class A/B technology translates to, what I feel, better sound quality. Although I have not heard an iNuke in a Home Theater system, only PA. I think the Dayton Subwoofer amps are still a good value, albeit not as inexpensive as an iNuke. I'd be curious to hear what others think of the iNuke's sound quality...? Sent From My S4 Via HTS App
I'll let you know in a few days. I have an inuke 3000dsp on its way. Should be here Monday. I was seriously contemplating the sa1000 cause of its looks but I got the 3000dsp shipped for $279 so I went for it. Also the sa1000 is really only a one channel amp even though you could run two 8 ohm woofers off of it. It's also not 2 ohm compatible. Problem for me since I'm hoping to pull the trigger on some SI 18D2's soon

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hope the iNuke works well for you. It sounds like you could really use the flexibility that it offers. I'm sure you will be happy with it... It seems like for your intended application the iNuke will work, and I bet the Crown amps would too. Good luck!

Sent From My S4 Via HTS App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts