Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone run one of these? I know they just came out with this newer update to it but I've been looking at picking one up and was curious to see what you all thought of the unit. I'll be running my two Peerless XXLS 12" subs that each have their own sealed enclosure. Impedance is 8ohms each and they wire down to a 4ohm load for both.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-811

·
Elite Shackster , HTS Moderator Emeritus
2,216 Posts
I have it and love it. Heavy, well built, can drive a 4 Ohm load without a problem. The single parametric EQ is great for knocking down one problem node in the room or sub design and it has continuously adjustable phase and crossover to make integration much easier.

Also has a 12V trigger.

Definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Anthony, that's exactly what I wanted to know! What are you running with yours?

Like I said, I'll be running my Peerless twins off it for the majority of the time but I'll also have a HT sub running off it in the future too once I get out of an apartment and into a house. Here is a few pictures of my Peerless twins.

·
Elite Shackster , HTS Moderator Emeritus
2,216 Posts
Two Tempest-X 15" from Exodus Audio. Open second terminals on each, so 2 8 Ohm coils in parallel total, 4 Ohm load to the amp.

It's in a dipole configuration, so it is very lossy at low frequencies (due to open baffle roll-off) and very power hungry. Without breaking a sweat, it can almost drive us out of the room. We can't wait until we're in a single family house and I can really crank it (we're in a townhouse now and actually like our neighbors :) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts