Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about building me a subwoofers for home theater. and I've looked at this Dayton TIT400C-4 15 "Titanic Mk III Subwoofer.är it a good choice for the size room 11x22 feet, or is it better with a smaller woofer my front speakers is yamaha ns-777 ns-444

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no box yet open to suggestions. i will be using Bash 500W Digital Subwoofer Amplifier or Dayton HPSA500 500W Subwoofer Amplifier

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
10 cu.ft. tuned to 18 hz will give you an excellent HT experience watching movies. Porting would need to be 6" diameter and 19" long to keep the port air speed acceptable. This model is with the HPSA Amp with 2 db of boost at 20 hz. The same results can be had with the Bash 500 if you change the Hi-Pass filter by soldering in 2 different resistors.

Titanic 15.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to order 1 pcs Dayton TIT400C-4 15" and HPSA amp today, from parts-express.
i hope they Shipping quick to sweden.
i uploods some pic on my theater when it ready

thanks mike for the help

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Or couldn't you just switch the fuse in the amp around? Someone had called Dayton or PE and they said that with flipping the fuse around 180 degrees, it could handle 240v or something. Before you try this, I suggest that you call PE or Dayton and confirm this. If you can't call them, just forget I even said this haha and don't attempt this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts