Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Just installed the Titanic MKiii in my 6 cu ft. enclosure, two 3"x8" circular ports, and powered by the SA240w. Set to 80 Hz and max gain. It's in a room thats 14'x20' too.

Popped in Star Wars Episode 2 and gotta say I was disappointed with it. I also have a Velodyne 10" that sounds just as good or better.

I've guessed it doesn't have enough power but I dunno what amp to go with. I'm a broke college student so price is an issue. 225 and down would be prefered.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.:T

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
This isn't a power issue, it's a box size and tuning issue.

Green is what you have, 6 cu.ft tuned to 25 hz with a pair of 3 inch ports which are too small for this setup due to port air speed issues. Input power is 240 watts.

Pink is the sub in 10 cu.ft tuned to 20 hz with a pair of 4 inch flared ports 15 inches long each. Input power is 240 watts.

Orange is the same 10 cu.ft box with a 500 watt amp.

Building a bigger box with the right ports is your cheapest option at the moment to get the most out of the sub, you can upgrade the amp at a later date. Adding more power to the box you have now isn't gonna get it done, the ports aren't big enough diameter wise.

TITAN 15.JPG

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mike is right, build the correct enclosure and I think you'll be much happier. A woofer can only reach its full potential in the proper enclosure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:sad:

Alright.

Could changing the port size on this current box help any? I have some 4 inch tubes laying around.

I hate Mac's for this reason. :hissyfit: My desktop broke so no windows.

Thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts